GLEN HAVEN - HARPERS FERRY, WEST VIRGINIA
Welcome to the NEW Glen Haven community website! Please click on the link in the upper right corner to Register.
Registering and Paying dues online:
If you are new to the site and are registering and/or new to the site and wish to renew your dues online, please click here for instructions.
If you are an existing member and already registered with the website and wish to renew your dues online, please click here for instructions.
Be sure to keep and eye out for Upcoming Events in the Community. Click on "Upcoming Events" here or to the right of the screen.
WELCOME TO THE GLEN HAVEN COMMUNITY
When you are visiting our community, we ask that you observe the following rules and regulations:
1) Jefferson County Animal regulations
require dogs to be on leash whenever walking around the community. There have been dog attacks and bites by visitor’s pets. Owners should clean up animal droppings from their pets.
2) Please observe the 15-mph speed limit when traveling on our roads.
3) The Community Dock and Pavilion are for members only. All guests must be accompanied by homeowners. Vehicles must have annual stickers.
4) All river lots are private property and cannot be used without homeowner’s permission.
5) There is no fishing or swimming at the Community Dock area.
6) Glen Haven is a private community with quiet hours of 10:00 pm – 8:00 am.
7) All fire pit usage is controlled by the local fire department. Please avoid daytime burning that contributes to local air pollution.
8) Underage children cannot operate motorized golf carts or motorcycles.
9) Alcohol consumption by minors is prohibited and will be reported to local authorities.
10) Glen Haven is a beautiful and clean community, and we ask that you help us keep
our community pristine by reminding your clients to pick up after themselves
down at the river and in the common areas.
11) Enjoy your time here and be respectful of your neighbors!
Membership Letter to GHPOA 2023
GHPOA residents and neighbors:
Our Annual Meeting of the Membership will be held on April 29th
at 1pm at the
Community Pavilion. If you are unable to attend, we ask that you complete your
proxy form included on the back of this letter. We will have items to be voted on and
want everyone to have a voice in the decision making. Click here for the annual meeting agenda
We will continue to utilize window decals this year and will be monitoring traffic near
the boat ramp. If you have already paid your dues - they are included in this mailing.
If not, once payment is received, you can collect yours at this year’s meeting.
ALL dues must be paid in full by April 15th to vote.
2023 Proposed Items
Our Annual Community Clean-up day will be the same day, April 29th at 9am!*
- Elections of new board members - We need 1 new member but of course will accept more volunteers or nominations. If you are interested in running for a board position or assisting the Board, please contact us through email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the proxy form to submit your name.
- 2023-2024 Agenda – Our meeting agenda will be posted for review at the Glen Haven Community mailboxes and on the GHPOA website (coming soon).
We hope to see everyone out and help where they can. Please meet at the pavilion and review the “TO DO” list at the mailboxes to sign up for tasks or items in advance. Also, we need trucks for moving debris and picking up and delivering mulch along with trimmers and tools. If you need incentive, we will have donuts and coffee for helpers!
* Clean-up rain date: May 6 at 9 am
Please feel free to email
any questions or concerns.
Downloadable version of the above notice may be obtained here
Scoop your poop!
We all love our four-legged friends but it’s not so nice to step in their poo. Whether it’s our home lawns, docks lots or the Glen Haven community property, please be a good pet owner and pick up after your pooch.
The sun is out...
and so are the kids!
Please respect the 15 mph speed limit in our beautiful neighborhood.
Tips and Rules to Deal with the Groundhogs in Glen Haven
As many of you know, we have quite the Ground Hog population in Glen Haven, especially by the river banks. Here are some tips and tricks to help in managing the little guys.
- WV law prohibits trapping and relocation
- It is prohibited to shoot in the Glen Haven neighborhood
- Deter with shaved Irish Spring Soap
- Deter with garlic and pepper
GHPOA has a new address:
410 Mason Drive
Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
NOTE - If there's an emergency at the Pavilion or Boat Ramp, please provide the above address as it is now on the emergency locator / GPS.