GLEN HAVEN - HARPERS FERRY, WV
Welcome to the NEW Glen Haven community website! Please click on the link in the upper right corner to Register.
Paying dues online:
If you are new to the site and are registering and/or new to the site and wish to renew your dues online, please click here for instructions.
If you are an existing member and already registered with the website and wish to renew your dues online, please click here for instructions.
Be sure to keep and eye out for Upcoming Events in the Community. Click on "Upcoming Events" here or to the right of the screen.
WELCOME TO THE GLEN HAVEN COMMUNITY
When you are visiting our community, we ask that you observe the following rules and regulations:
1) Jefferson County Animal regulations require dogs to be on leash whenever walking around the community. There have been dog attacks and bites by visitor’s pets. Owners should clean up animal droppings from their pets.
2) Please observe the 15-mph speed limit when traveling on our roads.
3) The Community Dock and Pavilion are for members only. All guests must be accompanied by homeowners. Vehicles must have annual stickers.
4) All river lots are private property and cannot be used without homeowner’s permission.
5) There is no fishing or swimming at the Community Dock area.
6) Glen Haven is a private community with quiet hours of 10:00 pm – 8:00 am.
7) All fire pit usage is controlled by the local fire department. Please avoid daytime burning that contributes to local air pollution.
8) Underage children cannot operate motorized golf carts or motorcycles.
9) Alcohol consumption by minors is prohibited and will be reported to local authorities.
10) Glen Haven is a beautiful and clean community, and we ask that you help us keep
our community pristine by reminding your clients to pick up after themselves
down at the river and in the common areas.
11) Enjoy your time here and be respectful of your neighbors!
Downloadable version of the above notice may be obtained here
An Open Letter to Our Community
The GHPOA board met recently recognizing that some members of our community may need help at this time of high concern over the current pandemic.
We are all aware the Covid 19 virus (Corona) is most dangerous to those with pre-existing medical conditions, especially seniors.
GHPOA is seeking volunteers to help in assisting those community members in need. This may be as simple as going to the grocery store or pharmacy. We ask that if you know of a senior member in the community to reach out to them and check on them often.
If you are willing to be called to help in our community please notify Carrie Perfetto at [304-676-9455] or email me at email@example.com and I will do my best to coordinate.
If you are IN NEED of assistance – I ask that you call me at the number above and I will make every effort to get you the assistance you need.
Please stay healthy, wash your hands and lets look out for each other!
Scoop your poop!
We all love our four-legged friends but it’s not so nice to step in their poo. Whether it’s our home lawns, docks lots or the Glen Haven community property, please be a good pet owner and pick up after your pooch.
The sun is out...
and so are the kids!
Please respect the 15 mph speed limit in our beautiful neighborhood.
Tips and Rules to Deal with the Groundhogs in Glen Haven
As many of you know, we have quite the Ground Hog population in Glen Haven, especially by the river banks. Here are some tips and tricks to help in managing the little guys.
- WV law prohibits trapping and relocation
- It is prohibited to shoot in the Glen Haven neighborhood
- Deter with shaved Irish Spring Soap
- Deter with garlic and pepper
GHPOA has a new address:
410 Mason Drive
Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
NOTE - If there's an emergency at the Pavilion or Boat Ramp, please provide the above address as it is now on the emergency locator / GPS.
Check out this year's newsletter for a quick snap shot of the past year and what's to come HERE.